Invalid leads are part and parcel of lead generation and unfortunately we cannot stop them. A bad lead is going to slip through every now and then and we like our partners to know that when this happens there is a fair and simple way to apply and get a refund.
Unless otherwise agreed, we will refund the full lead type cost where one or more of the following conditions is met:
- Invalid numbers, i.e. wrong number, number not recognised, number does not accept incoming calls. This must apply to all numbers provided on the lead form
- Numbers that are confirmed by Echo Ads to be a fax machine line
- Leads where Advisor Leads verify that all numbers ring to a personal answer machine that does not match the contact name on the lead and all other contact numbers are invalid
- The lead contains an obvious invalid number e.g. 07123456789 or 07777777777
- The lead is a duplicate received from Echo Ads within 7 days (168 hours) of the original lead date
- The lead is a test lead
- The lead is a hoax e.g. Mickey Mouse
- Customers under the age of 18
You will not be refunded:
- If the customer has selected the wrong lead type
- For any wrong enquiry e.g. customer wanted to speak to a pension advisor but selected mortgage broker
- If a number rings out or goes straight to a standard answer machine or you can't speak to anyone on the number to verify whether or not they are the lead.
- If the customer no longer requires advice
- If the customer has changed their mind about requiring advice or states they were not aware that they would receive a call
- If the customer has now sourced advice elsewhere
- When incorrect details have been submitted on the lead form by the customer, e.g. incorrect figures or customer advises that they do not have adverse credit when they do have or the wrong email address has been entered
- For refund requests submitted over 7 days (168 hours) after the date on which the lead was generated
- If the lead does not immediately convert to business and there is no potential future business
- If the customer has applied through another lead provider as well as Echo Ads. This will not be classed as a duplicate lead
- Where Echo Ads have confirmed that you are doing business with the customer
Other scenarios not covered by our Refund Policy may arise and we will investigate these on a case by case basis before making a decision.
You have 7 days (168 hours) from the moment you receive a lead to apply for a refund. After this period the lead will be deemed valid and refund requests will no longer be accepted.
If you feel you have received a lead which falls under one of the allowable return reasons and you would like to make a request to return it this can be done from within your account dashboard; made available when you open an account with Echo Ads.
You may do this on a lead by lead basis under the ‘Your Leads’ tab. If you are unsure about how to do this or require any assistance your account manager will be on hand to assist you.
We do reserve the right to try and contact the client ourselves to verify it is invalid. If we do contact the client and verify it is a real lead we reserve the right to bill you £20 as an administration charge.
If you have any questions in regards to our returns policy you can contact your account manager directly or call us on 0333 012 4004.